Welcome To Grade 6

Dear Grade 6 parents and students,

I am so excited to share the new school year with you. This year I hope you will grow, learn, connect, serve and persevere as a community striving to do your best academically, socially, and spiritually!

Adventurous and energetic are words that are often used to describe me! I love God’s amazing creation. When I am not in the classroom, I can be found exploring British Columbia by foot, bicycle, canoe and skis. One of my greatest joys is sharing my love of adventure with my young family and husband. The students may report I have interesting pets. It is true, our dog has a very special job and our cat is in charge of Neighbourhood Watch. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree from Augustana Lutheran University in Camrose, Alberta. I also hold a Bachelor of Education degree from the University of Regina. At university I focused my studies on Outdoor Experiential Education and Northern Studies. I have experience teaching in remote communities in the Yukon, and in dynamic classrooms with Special Needs students. My personal educational philosophy can be summed up in this statement: love generously, learn constantly. An area in my life I also love to share about is a organization called Himalayan Life (http://himalayanlife.com/en/home-page/); this movement is changing kids’ lives in Nepal through education, intervention, and innovative projects that empower powerless and marginalized street children.

I have set our theme verse for this year to be Ephesians 1:17-19 (MSG):

15-19 That’s why, when I heard of the solid trust you have in the Master Jesus and your outpouring of love to all the followers of Jesus, I couldn’t stop thanking God for you—every time I prayed, I’d think of you and give thanks. But I do more than thank. I ask—ask the God of our Master, Jesus Christ, the God of glory—to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing him personally, your eyes focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what it is he is calling you to do, grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life he has for his followers, oh, the utter extravagance of his work in us who trust him—endless energy, boundless strength!

I am looking forward to getting to know you as we grow, learn, connect and serve together this year at HRA! I intend to use this blog as the primary communication from the classroom to home along with Student Planner. Please use email to communicate when possible or stop by the classroom with any questions you may have. Let’s help all our daughters and sons grow and develop with unique purpose this year!

Blessings,

Ms. Kirsten Froyland