Hello Grade 6 community,
Thank you for subscribing! We have had a busy week and the students have earned a break this weekend. Please take some time to check in with your student about how the transition to grade six is going. It can be exciting and sometimes stressful while settling into new routines and expectations.
I am getting to know the habits and strengths of your children. I will continue to adapt my practice to best meet the needs of the children in Grade 6. While we work out the kinks, please know I am doing my best to honour who God has created each one of them to be!
One area we have focused on this week is making mistakes! As the students mature they sometimes feel the weight of the world on their shoulders. In grade 6 we are practicing trying out best and taking risks but also being okay with making mistakes.
Do you struggle to get information for your child about their school day? Consider asking them these questions:
- Tell me about the best part of your day.
- What was the hardest thing you had to do today?
- Did any of your classmates do anything funny?
- Tell me about what you read in class.
- Who did you play with today? What did you play?
- Do you think math [or any subject] is too easy or too hard?
- What’s the biggest difference between this year and last year?
- What rules are different at school than our rules at home? Do you think they’re fair?
- Who did you sit with at lunch?
- Can you show me something you learned (or did) today?https://www.scholastic.com/parents/school-success/10-questions-to-ask-your-child-about-his-day-school.html
Have a great weekend!
All splendid grade 6 students received an A in spelling this week!
No list this week due to short week (spelling diagnostic will take place on Monday).
Bible Memory Verse:
- class microwave is for reheating food please (1 min per student)
- uncooked noodles take too much time for students to prepare in the classroom (time is limited during lunch hour and students cooking noodles often do not have time to finish their lunch)
- forks and spoons will not be regularly supplied for student lunches (students must ensure they have the necessary tools at school for their person success)
Sept. 16th- Comfort Kits due
Sept. 17th- Pizza services (I won’t always blog this as it is recurring weekly unless notified.)
Sept. 16 – Parents Night- Please join us in the gym for an informal time to gather and kick off the new school year. (6:30)
Sept. 17 – CANCELED Immunizations (Grade 6) – (Int)
Sept. 18th- Grade 6/7 Soccer Meeting Portable 6
Sept. 18th/19th- PE days
Sept. 18th- Intermediate Chapel (schedule TBA)
Sept. 18th- French Colours/Art Quiz
Sept. 20 – Professional Development
Sept. 27 – Knights Day
Sept. 30 – Orange Shirt Day (Int)