Next Steps

Good afternoon Grade 6 community!

What a surprise to have a SNOW DAY! I pray you are all tucked safely away. It was lovely to connect with my families over the phone this week, I felt so encouraged and supported. Thank you for your kind words and patience.

I have adjusted a few details in the main menu of the blog. Please take a look for the Distance Learning heading. I will work to build that resource for you as we move forward. I have added two tutorials for parents that might be worth your time checking out. Is there anything else you would like to see on the blog that may be help for quick reference?

Starting Monday Morning I will post a snapshot of what you can expect for the week. Google classroom will be (hopefully) all set for students to begin. I will be requesting we set up time to “meet” for each student as the week continues (stay tuned).

As we learn the rhythm of this new way of being, know I am testing ideas and technology to build up to a classroom routine that is accessible for my students. It might take us some time to get there. If there is something working really well, please let me now! If there is something that is not working, helping me to understand your experience, this will allow my practice to evolve to better support you and the students. Emails work great, please reach out. I will try to keep to business hours for availability and responses as I strive to manage my work/life/sanity in these uncertain times.

Just a reminder, as next week’s calendar include both Good Friday and Easter Monday. I will not provide learning opportunities those days, so you are able and free to practice your faith as families. As I engage with my own church while practicing social distancing, I have found https://www.tgctribeca.com/digitalchurch to be a lovely connecting point for church services.

As I was organizing the blog I noted the upcoming Bible Memory passage selected from Romans 15:4. Such a beautiful passage to reflect upon.

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind towards each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and once voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday morning, please check the blog at 9:00 for instructions (emails will be sent for my subscribers). Students will be directed to our Google Classroom for our first session!

Have a safe and restful weekend!

Peace and grace,

Ms. Froyland