April 14th-17th (We are Going to make it through)

Dear Grade 6 students and parents,

Welcome to week two of this new way of doing school. I appreciate your patience and grace as we move forward. I loved this Easter song as it gives me such hope for what is to come, we can do this together!

I have prepared activities for students to work on much the same as last week. You will find the overview of the week posted in this blog post and in the student’s google classroom. Each day assignments will be posted as they come up in the week.

This week we will be exploring an essential question: Who are we becoming? This year we have studied the Love Does devotions and actions of Bob Goff, we have learned about Growth Mindset and we have been practicing setting goals. I think that our work is to keep growing and learning in times of crisis. Whether it is growing in faith, in knowledge, in empathy, in talents, in action; we can all move towards the values and dreams God has directed us towards even now.

An area I am learning to practice grace for myself and my own homeschooling children in that of schedules. This week I am going to try to build my own schedule so that I have time to meet with students and parents as needed but I won’t require you to commit to a weekly meeting. I am open to setting up weekly scheduled meetings if you think that will support your student and your role as a parent, please email me directly to identify a time that might work if this is necessary.

Something new we will try this week is to meet as a class (for whomever is able), a morning Meet to do our daily devotion together. Students are welcome to pop into the link provided in google classroom each morning at 9:30 am to participate. If students are unable to meet during this time, a video recording of the devotion will be available later in the morning on google classroom.

I continue to be curious about your experience at home facilitating and observing this “new way of doing school.” Please do reach out via email and we can make an appointment or you can share your experiences in writing.

Peace grace,

Ms. Froyland