Invitation/April 12th-16th

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/himalaya-a-drive-in-film-festival-yarrow-830pm-showing-tickets-146821132961?aff=ebdsoporgprofile

Dear grade six community,

In addition to your weekly update I wanted to extend an invitation to a special event happening in Yarrow on April 30th. Himalayan Life is hosting a drive-in film festival. There are a limited number of tickets and a cost per car (but I can assure you it will be something to remember and proceed go to this amazing non-profit organization). My experience in Nepal has taught me so much and had a profound impact on my career.

There is great darkness in the world, and yet the light is undeniable. Himalayan Life helps to shine light in dark places throughout the Himalayan region. In a time when things seem to be locking down locally due to covid, I find it helpful to have something to look forward to! Please consider joining my family for this neat local film festival and learn more about life a world away.

Peace and grace,

Ms. Froyland

Ps. I appreciate your prompt pick up after school so much! Due to Covid, staff need to leave school ASAP in order for the school to be sanitized for the following day. This spring I will be coaching Sr. girls soccer on Mondays right after school and taking a professional development course on Thursdays. If a student is not picked up, I am unable to fulfill my after school duties until they have been taken into your care.

Reminder about Little Hoopsters (Wednesday) and Little Diggers (Tuesday), please continue to pick students up after school at regular time and provide your own supervision until programing starts. Again, thank you so much for your cooperation in these strange times! We are all doing our best to provide our best for students within the current limitation.

Upcoming Events:

April 12th- Ma Famille (mini-book) due

April 14 – Intermediate Chapel (TBA chapel team)/Bible Memory Verse Test: Galatians 5:22 & Beach Day (All Elementary)
April 15- Ma Famille presentations
April 16 – Knights Day
April 21- Bible Memory Verse Test: 1 Chronicles 16:33
April 23 – Interim Reports Cards
April 23 – Knights Day
April 28 – Intermediate Chapel (TBA chapel team)/Bible Memory Verse Test: Isaiah 55:12
April 30 – Pro-D Day