First Week Review/Looking forward to September 13th-17th

Dear grade 6 community,

We did it! Week one concluded and all is well. This week we focused on settling into routines, especially concerning Covid protocols. Students will continue to adhere to protocols as we continue to adjust to the new way of managing the challenges Covid. I appreciate the children’s earnest efforts to maintain distance when possible and wash their hands. Dr. Henry would be pleased to hear Grade 6 are wonderful examples of the motto “be kind, be safe, wash your hands.”

Another focus this week was to recognize the little ways we can grow in faith and love. I observed students practice small and big acts of kindness to one another. We also learned mistakes are opportunities to grow. We will continue this theme in week two.

Regarding drop-off in the morning, our administration asked me to pass along this message:

Thank you for a wonderful start to the school year. We also want to thank you for taking the time to do your health checks with your children! Just a note to our fabulous parents on our school starting time! Our school doors will be opening at our traditional time of 8:55. Classrooms will be closed until that time as teachers work hard to prepare classroom materials, set up their classrooms, and participate in before-school meetings. We encourage parents to try to arrive at the school between 8:45 and 8:55. However, if students arrive earlier, they can head to the playground where we will have supervision. At 8:55, the school bell will ring and students will be welcomed into the school. On days that are extreme rain days, students will be brought into the gym. Students can enter the gym through the side gym door and head to their grade area. On these rainy days, we would again encourage families to try and bring students as close to the start of school as possible as activities will be limited in the gym.

Concerning students exhibiting any symptoms of illness, thank you for your continued cooperation in keeping them home until they are nonsymptomatic. I can appreciate this is difficult but it continues to be the guidelines we are to adhere to for the time being.

Peace and grace,

Ms. Froyland

Important Upcoming Dates:

*see email from school office about hot lunches

Sept. 10 – Chromebook Policy sent home/Knights Day (Every Friday)

Sept. 15 – Intermediate Chapel Starts (see planners for worship team information)

Sept. 16 – PICTURE DAY

Sept. 17 – Knights Day (Every Friday)

Sept. 20 – National Election Day- Student vote 

Sept. 24 – Knights Day (Every Friday)

Sept. 29 – Orange Shirt Day 

For more information on Reconciliation and the orange shirt project visit:

https://www.orangeshirtday.org/phyllis-story.html

Sept. 30 – National Day for Truth and Reconciliation- No school

*A note about the artist: I have found the work of Morgan Harper Nichols inspired and soothing in these uncertain times. Please check out her website for more information. I am especially inspired by her story, she shares vulnerable about her autism dianogis in her blog. I love how she flips stereotypes we might hold about this community and speaks joy, hope, and love into the world!

About