Welcome To Grade 5/6

Dear Grade 5/6 Parents and Students,

I am so excited to share the new school year with you. This year I hope you will grow, learn, connect, serve and persevere as a community striving to do your best academically, socially, and spiritually!

Adventurous and energetic are words that are often used to describe me! I love God’s amazing creation. When I am not in the classroom, I can be found exploring British Columbia by foot, bicycle, canoe and skis. One of my greatest joys is sharing my love of adventure with my young family and husband. The students may report I have interesting pets. It is true, our dog has a very special job and our cat is in charge of Neighbourhood Watch. I have a Bachelor of Arts degree from Augustana Lutheran University in Camrose, Alberta. I also hold a Bachelor of Education degree from the University of Regina. At university I focused my studies on Outdoor Experiential Education and Northern Studies. I have experience teaching in remote communities in the Yukon, and in dynamic classrooms with Special Needs students. My personal educational philosophy can be summed up in this statement: love generously, learn constantly. An area in my life I also love to share about is a organization called Himalayan Life (http://himalayanlife.com/en/home-page/); this movement is changing kids’ lives in Nepal through education, intervention, and innovative projects that empower powerless and marginalized street children.

I have set our theme verse for this year to be Psalm 16:3, “The godly people in the land are my true heroes. I take pleasure in them” (NLT). MY prayer is that our students will see what a true hero for God looks like and that she/he will learn to reflect that hero! We will work together to foster each students relationship with God.

I am looking forward to getting to know you as we grow, learn, connect and serve together this year at HRA! I intend to use this blog as the primary communication from the classroom to home along with Student Planner. Please write a note in your child’s planner, email me, or stop by the classroom with any questions you may have. Let’s help all our daughters and sons grow and develop as “HEROES” this year!

Blessings,

Ms. Kirsten Froyland